Qlik, a strategic partner of Databricks, has integrated with the newly launched capability to provide SQL users in Databricks easy access to data and an optimized BI experience. Customers can now leverage the full capabilities of Qlik’s end-to-end data integration and analytics platform with Databricks’ Lakehouse architecture to maximize the value of data in their data lake.
Organizations recognize the criticality of modernizing the entire data and analytics value chain – from access to ingestion, to transformation and insight discovery to trigger action at the point of decision – to make most of their data. With the new SQL capabilities and the expanded partnership, Qlik and Databricks now uniquely provide customers the ability to both optimize the data ingestion process feeding data into Lakehouse, as well as leverage Qlik Sense’s modern approach to analytics to create value through insights from data in Databricks.
The joint solution provides customers:
- Accelerated (near real-time) data delivery directly into Delta Lake with market leading Change Data Capture (CDC). The solution provides universal connectivity, allowing organizations to ingest data from virtually any enterprise source, databases, data warehouses, legacy mainframe systems, or applications like SAP.
- Fully automated data lake pipeline – from ingestion, to transformation, to creation of analytics-ready data sets – without any coding. Qlik solution auto-generates Spark code (to be executed in Delta engine) to deliver continuous stream of up-to-date analytics-ready data for AI, machine learning or other analytic initiatives.
- Governed, trust-worthy data with rich metadata, end-to-end lineage, transactional consistency through ACID support, and security and access controls. Further, data marketplace capability enables data consumers to easily find, understand, prepare and self-provision data for analysis.
- Easy connectivity with QlikSense® for optimized BI experience to analyze data in the entire data lake.
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to evolving data architecture needs, today and tomorrow.
Watch our recent, on-demand webinar with J.B. Hunt, one of the
largest Transportation and Logistics companies in North America, to hear how
the company is improving its efficiency and customer experience with Qlik and
Databricks or visit our website to learn about our joint
Read what Databricks has to say about SQL Analytics in this blog post.