From humble beginnings, Qlik Nation has grown into a vibrant and active community where customers connect, learn and engage with us. And, as Qlik grows, Qlik Nation is a key asset in hearing from the front lines on successes, needs and how we’re making a difference for customers.
We asked our Qlik Nation members how Qlik has made a difference for them, big or small, because we wanted to hear straight from the source. Here are a few of the answers we got…
- “Qlik has completely changed the career direction I've taken in life. I came back from being overseas for some years working as a scuba dive instructor and with a bit of luck landed myself a job with a good mentor (Jason Michaliedes, a Qlik Luminary for some years now) learning QlikView. I haven't looked back but wish I was a bit better at it. I'm constantly learning something new and wish I had more time to port my QlikView dashboards over to Qlik Sense. One day soon that time will come. Scuba diving to Qlik who'd have thought?” Paul Nockolds, Data Analyst at Haymarket Media Group
- “Qlik Sense has completely turned our business BI offering around by making the data available to not just a select few IT professionals or ‘Super Users,’ but to the people that matter on the ground doing the work and making the decisions on a daily basis. Qlik has enabled us to ditch manual spreadsheets and push insightful data to the very edges of our organisation, giving us a more competitive edge by empowering our staff to think beyond a simple sales figure and realise a much larger data-driven story.” Mark Allen, Manager at Vygon (U.K.) Limited
- “Since I started work with Qlik, even the simplest processes are simplified thanks to the integration and simplicity of analysis. Even if my area has moved from data visualization to modeling and integration, Qlik remains one of the most reliable tools for controlling, processing and studying the data.” Filippo Orlando, Data Developer at Unieuro Spa
- “There was a big improvement in how we were getting statistics about IT systems every day and automatically. We did it with Qlik and its incremental load possibility. People did not care about manually created Excel spreadsheets at all. It was huge progress for them, as they are part of public service and every new idea takes a long time. I did it three years ago, and now they are still using it — it works like a charm!” Petr Rusnak, BI Consultant at MSD
- “Before the implementation of Qlik, I was the only person in a 900+ size company to provide insights and reporting, which was quite a daunting period in my professional career. Moreover, the company works on multiple platforms, which made it quite complex to navigate and keep track. Since the implementation of Qlik, clients, as I like to call them, have direct access to standard information, which no longer requires my input.” Peter Eerdekens, Commercial Business Analyst at Asilia Lodges and Camps (Pty) Ltd
- “Qlik is the kind of all-inclusive, do-everything sort of dashboarding tool that keeps me coming to work every day! Knowing that I will be creating, adjusting, fixing and monitoring multiple data sources (and types) — along with the scripting that builds those into the app, the front-end dashboard, the back-end security/access, and the many types of variables, charts and new things — keeps me coming to work every day. Loving your job is a big part of long-term happiness in my mind, and Qlik is one of the things that I love about my job [....].” Mitch Speer, Supervisor of Business Intelligence at Teachers Credit Union
- “Qlik Sense has made a big difference for me, as I am not a classically trained developer. I knew a little SQL and some very basic VB 5 from self study a couple of decades ago. In my current role as Project Server Analyst, I am required to build reporting in Project server 2013. The only real options are OOB, SSRS and Excel Services. Qlik Sense enabled me to build attractive and meaningful reports without extensive coding at first. I am now rapidly building up my skill set learning by means of the Qlik Community and Qlik Continuous Classroom, which keep me productive while I learn more advanced reporting and scripting languages.” David Tate, Project Server Analyst at PSCU Incorporated
If you’re a Qlik end-user customer and want an invitation to Qlik Nation to see what it’s all about, please send me an email. You can also learn more about Qlik and its products by heading over to Qlik Community.