Similar to last year, “The Pandemic Effect on the Fortune 500” site details the revenue and performance of the sectors and industries that shape the 2021 Fortune 500, while showcasing the impact of various crises on market performance, including:
- Starting with 1971, visitors will walk through “A Lifetime of Crises,” an exploration of how various global crises have impacted the profits of the Fortune 500.
- The detailed interactive exploration will show the impact of different unique crises, including the 1970’s Oil Price Shock and Stagflation, the early 2000’s DotCom Bubble, the 2008-09 Global Financial Crisis and this past year’s COVID-19 pandemic.
- The site will then enable visitors to compare the relative impact of different crises; for example, visualizing the impact of the DotCom Bubble vs. the 2008-09 Financial Crisis.
- Visitors will then be able to explore the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on the profits for various sectors of the Fortune 500.
- Finally, visitors can explore a deeper dive case study window into the changing landscape of the energy sector and petroleum refining industry from 2011 to 2021.
We are proud to partner with Fortune once more to provide visitors with modern data visualizations illustrating the rich history of the Fortune 500. Qlik and Fortune will also deliver a similar experience for the Fortune Global 500 later this year. For now, join us on this journey at https://qlik.fortune.com/.