This past year, we accomplished considerable work with partners by helping them launch major and exciting programs. We are very proud to have ignited significant conversations, generating solutions for global sustainability and humanitarian efforts. With an active commitment to environmental and socioeconomic issues, Qlik launched Qlik.org to tackle challenges ranging from climate change, population displacement and water conservation. With Qlik.org, we expand our ability to leverage data and transform it into meaningful action across the globe to create a sustainable, data literate world within all sectors of business and society.
Qlik is proud to support hundreds of nonprofits around the globe with software, training and services. In 2019, Qlik donated software to numerous organizations in support of their mission and worked with others to present on the importance of sustainability.
- Maternity Foundation is an NGO in Denmark focusing its efforts on safe pregnancies and childbirth. In 2015, the foundation launched its “Safe Delivery App” with modules, animated videos, drug lists, and action cards to healthcare workers across the globe. The Maternity Foundation captures and analyzes the app usage data through Qlik. By capturing and reporting this important information, they are able to update their partners, such as Save the Children, the American Red Cross, and the United Nations Population Fund to increase their impact and help millions of women access a safer childbirth.
- C40 Cities and Qlik partnered to launch the C40 Knowledge Hub to provide multiple data-driven public dashboards. C40 Cities and Qlik jointly developed a series of these dashboards, called Data Explorer applications, covering various topics, such as air quality, waste, transport and clean energy, all built upon the Qlik data analytics platform. The dashboards help improve decision-making and inform the policies and investments necessary to prevent catastrophic climate change.
- Qlik is focused on designing and deploying applications to assist organizations in the reporting and analysis of data that drives decisions around CO2 emissions. One example is an air travel analysis application built for the United Nations Secretariat in partnership with KPMG Germany. The application combines large data sets, best-in-class visualization, and AI to better manage decision on air travel. The application is helping the UN reduce CO2 emissions through better decision-making regarding meetings, location planning, airline selection and alternatives to air travel when possible.
- The work with the UN above along with our focus on sustainability led to an impactful conversation hosted with the Churchill Club at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California. From highlighting areas for improvement, to addressing climate change with more impactful solutions, the Churchill Club provided us a forum to spark ideas and extend our commitment to mitigating climate change.
- All our efforts align with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, which include making sustainability a core business KPI for Fortune 5000 companies. Qlik had the opportunity to present this work as strategic partners of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) at COP25 in Madrid, Spain. Qlik, along with C40 Cities, Deloitte Belgium, and International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) ignited several conversations with a presentation on how data and analytics is helping solve the climate crisis.
Throughout the year, our work is driven by our most important asset – our people. We continue to sponsor Qlik employees to go abroad to determine how they can make a difference. Some traveled to Bali in Indonesia to understand how we can have an impact on plastic pollution. Others went to Malawi to further our commitment to ending poverty in Africa with partner WeSeeHope.
Fueling our efforts are also our incredible interns who benefit from the opportunity to work with some of the world’s most purposeful organizations. Preparing and exciting young people about sustainable business is one of our greatest rewards and serves as a pipeline to bringing sustainability-minded people into the workforce.
As we look forward to launching our 2020 corporate responsibility work, we do so with a vision to involve more partners, especially more young people, in order to deepen our commitment to a sustainable future for every person and our planet. We will issue a comprehensive update of our program in June 2020 as we release our latest impact report.
Thank you, and we look forward to having you join our sustainable and healthy vision for 2020 and beyond.