Fast forward to now, and I am impatiently counting down the days until QlikWorld, when we can be together again with our customers and partners, this time in Las Vegas. I will be presenting our product keynote, where I plan to continue the walk down memory lane for a product retrospective, not for the sake of where we have been, but because it shows what we have always done – innovate and change the way people use data.
Then I’m excited to showcase the key innovations we have delivered and will be delivering across our data integration and analytics portfolio. As he has done in the past, Josh Good will join me on stage to show it all in action. To learn more about what to expect, you can watch my recent conversation with Dez Blanchfield.
Overall, my team and I are incredibly excited at the prospect of reconnecting with our customers in person, and hearing how their data transformation journey is going, and how our products can help meet their needs in the future. As I discussed in a recent blog, your feedback helps shape our roadmap, and so we are planning to do a lot of listening at QlikWorld – made all the easier with a completely re-imagined on-site experience where a lot of our activity will take place right on the expo floor.
That should be a thrilling ride all on its own, but much more is happening in the QlikWorld!
Earlier this year, we announced Qlik’s intent to acquire Talend. The proposed combination would deliver a unique, cloud-independent portfolio to help customers address their most pressing data integration, transformation, quality and governance needs. We are excited at the prospect of welcoming Talend’s customers and partners, and the incremental value this would bring to their cloud data modernization efforts. Talend will be a Diamond sponsor at QlikWorld, and will be presenting a number of breakout sessions you can explore here.
This past quarter, we also introduced the following new capabilities and initiatives:
- The Connector Factory, a strategy designed to expand access to and delivery of data from hundreds of SaaS applications and data sources to fuel ever-evolving enterprise cloud analytics and data integration needs.
- The Business Glossary, a new capability in Qlik Cloud which provides users with a single, centralized glossary of business terms and their definitions, ensuring that everyone across the organization is using the same language to describe data and insights.
- Visualization Showcase, a relaunch of our popular showcase featuring new visualizations and tips, as well as additional resources highlighting our unique and powerful capabilities. New features include tooltips in charts, parallel coordinates, granular grid, and more!
In addition, we delivered enhancements for Application Automation and Qlik Data Gateway-Direct Access, as well as a new version of our Qlik Sense SaaS mobile app available for iOS and Android in the App and Play stores. Client-managed releases for Qlik Sense, Qlik Replicate, Qlik Compose and Qlik Catalog can be downloaded here.
Here is a preview of a few of the new capabilities coming soon:
- New connectors for the Connector Factory, including support for SAP ODP and enhancements to Google Analytics and Amazon S3
- Extended transformation capabilities with Qlik Cloud Data Integration to support data landed in your cloud data warehouse or lake using Qlik Replicate.
- New augmented analytics capabilities that create a more seamless and integrated experience with AI – including analysis types, Natural Language Generation, Microsoft Teams integration, key driver analysis, and augmented analytics APIs
- Continued visualization updates, including a new Filter Pane, similar to the List Box from QlikView, that includes a grid layout and provides several new capabilities, including grid mode, search mode (with wildcard option), checkbox mode, compact view, and histogram.
- Several new enhancements to Qlik Cloud Government, including Qlik Cloud Data Integration, Direct Query and Data Gateway-Direct Access, and Qlik Application Automation
Customers and partners can register for our upcoming roadmap webinar for an overview of Qlik’s roadmap and strategy for our analytics solutions.
With that, if you are planning to join us at QlikWorld, I can’t wait to see you there! And to stay up to date on everything product innovation at Qlik and access all available resources, visit qlik.com/roadmap.