Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Software Engineer with expertise in Identity Access Management (IAM) systems to join our team at Qlik R&D in Ottawa, Canada. Have you got what it takes?
We are an inspirational cloud native team with a reputation for developing high quality microservices with a focus on identity access integration, authentication, tenant, users, groups and other key services supporting a SaaS platform for the Qlik Sense product suite.
We create and release small increments of value, with quality, multiple times per day. We are constantly evolving. Are you? We take pride in finding better ways to work and more ways to delight our users. We love data. No surprise!
At Qlik, we value Challenge, Moving Fast, Teamwork for Results, being Open and Straightforward and Taking Responsibility. You too? You’ll be joining a team committed to continuous improvement and be reporting to a manager invested in unlocking potential in you, your team and the community you belong to.
How you will spend your time with us …
• Join a large team of developers owning authentication, tenancy and user management back-end services in a multi-tenant SaaS solution supporting 5000 signups per month.
• Mentor the team members on issues related to authentication, authorization, identity management integrations, good security practices.
• Enhance and support existing IAM system integrations. Contribute to the code base when required.
• Implement Proof-of-Concept experiments to advance clarity or possibilities.
• Collaborate with managers, architects, product owners, designers, pre-sales architects, site reliability engineers and security office compliance to advance the team roadmap.
• Represent the team in architectural reviews to ensure a sound, big-picture solution that doesn’t compromise expansion, scale, performance and robustness.
• Participate in all aspects of development including desiging, planning, coding, verifying, integrating, releasing, monitoring, supporting and maintaining.
• Utilize an Agile software engineering process to continuously delivery and deploy quality and feature improvements.
You will be successful if you have experience …
• Understanding Identity-as-a-Service software and concepts.
• Programming OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, or similar authentication and authorization protocols.
• Understanding and using JSON Web Tokens (JWTs).
• Integrating programmatically with IAM systems like Auth0, Okta, Azure Active Directory and other OpenID Connect compatible SaaS vendors.
• Building highly available, scalable, cloud-oriented solutions.
• Leading and influencing others in this space.
You will thrive if you have experience …
• Working with security vulnerability concepts in a web environment.
• Designing and coding NodeJs and GoLang RESTful API microservices using MongoDB, Redis.
• Developing solutions using containerization and Kubernetes.
• Architecting and building at scale with concepts like rate limiting, Service Level Indicators, performance metrics, thread tracing and similar.
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in Ottawa, Canada.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.