EMEA Strategic Deal Director
Qlik Technologies is looking for a Strategic Deal Director to join its Global Deals Desk team within Sales Operations. The Strategic Deal Director will be responsible for supporting and guiding sales executives on large, complex deals and sales cycles that have material impact to Qlik’s P&L. Specific activities include working with: Sales to prepare detailed deal analyses to shape deals and manage discount levels and margins; Legal to negotiate business terms and structuring non-standard deals; and Finance on revenue recognition and audits. This position resides within the Sales Operation function, reporting to the Head of Sales Ops and then the Head of Sales, and will act as a liaison between Sales, Finance, Legal, and Product teams.
Strategic Deal Director Responsibilities
● Support large and complex standard and non-standard deals with a strong business insight regarding deal shaping, pricing, licensing, product knowledge and revenue recognition rules
● Coordinate non-standard requests and be able to navigate through complex business processes and policies
● Provide pre-sale internal support and guidance on contract matters to sales
● Provide deal governance to ensure transactions comply with revenue recognition and business operational policies
● Build strong partnerships with key business groups: Sales, Finance, Legal, Product Marketing, Product Managers and Customer Success to manage and support the deal making process
● Manage discount and gross margin calculations on a individual deal / transaction basis
● Perform detailed deal analyses: discounting, competition, individual deal profitability, customer willingness to pay, bundling options, etc.
● Offer recommendations regarding the improvement of the global deals desk, and company deal policies to help drive scalability and efficiency
● Provide guidance for and management of deal analysts (junior resources within the global deals desk) who will be performing a subset of activities expected of the Strategic Deal Director
● Prior Deal Desk, Sales Operations, Order Management or Contracts Management experience. Strong business acumen required.
● A strong understanding of the sales and contracting lifecycle and the ability to navigate and progress complex sales cycles. Specific experience with a software company beneficial.
● Experience in developing pricing strategy, margin analysis, and competitive & customer willingness to pay analyses
● Experience and in-depth knowledge of partner / reseller and direct sales go-to-market models; familiarity with revenue recognition for perpetual software licenses
● Must be a self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to build cross-functional relationships with other functions across Qlik.
● Detail oriented, energetic professional who is a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Advanced knowledge of Salesforce.com and standard technologies (Microsoft suite) utilized by an enterprise software provider
● Ability to work collaboratively, and interest in becoming a subject matter expert in Qlik’s sales process and goal to grow
● Experience in the enterprise software space. BI experience is a plus.
● Minimum of 10 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree with 8 or PhD with 6 years’ experience encouraged as well.
● Accurate and efficient approach to deal reviews, stakeholder discussions, and completing tasks quickly; extremely strong attention to detail
● Demonstrate good judgment in solving complex problems, as well as proactively identifying and advancing solutions to operational challenges
● Comfortable in leading tough conversations and driving decisions on complex and difficult subjects, often without broad consensus among stakeholders
● Extremely strong sense of ownership, accountability, and desire to grow the business
● Outgoing and comfortable building cross-functional relationships
The role is in Munich, Germany or London, UK, however any major EMEA locations will be considered. If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome to complete your job application. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
Qlik’s vision is a data-literate world, one where everyone can use data to improve decision-making and solve their most challenging problems. Only Qlik offers end-to-end, real-time data integration and analytics solutions that help organizations access and transform all their data into value. Qlik helps companies lead with data to see more deeply into customer behavior, reinvent business processes, discover new revenue streams, and balance risk and reward. Qlik does business in more than 100 countries and serves over 50,000 customers around the world.